Tuesday 7 January 2014

D.I.Y. Data: Two months of monitoring my vital signs

Two months ago, I started regularly tracking some of my biometrics using a blood pressure monitor.

It's a semi-serious attempt to see how my body is reacting to the stresses and strains of daily life, and something I'll be looking to continue into 2014.

And with that in mind, here are the first 50 days of the experiment.

I think it's difficult to see any clear trends. I try to take the readings at the same time in my day - at the start - but given my weird operating routine, that's certainly not the same time each day in terms of GMT.



Still, there is a clear downwards trend in systolic blood pressure, although that may partly be because I'm getting more used to taking my own blood pressure.

My diastolic pressure has remained more constant during the period, so the systolic-diastolic line has decreased thanks to the downward trend in systolic pressure. Weight and heartrate have remained steady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment